Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cinco De Mayo in San Diego

I thought this was a funny story -- one worthy of blogging about! :) My little niece Ashley who is 8 came to visit us while we were camping at the beach in San Diego. She looked at me a bit funny when she arrived, but didn't say anything. I didn't think much about it, but apparently she did! When I spoke to my sister a few days later, she told me that Ashley asked her why Aunt Nicole was wearing a 2 piece? She quickly said, "I will never wear a 2 piece mom." Then she proceeded to ask this question, "is Aunt Nicole going to make it to the promised land?"

I love children! Their minds are ripe for setting us straight. Their innocence is admirable! Maybe I need to retire my 2 piece for good...something to think about?!! :)

6 comments:

thebutlerfam said...

Don't you dare retire your two-piece! If I looked half as good as you do, I would wear one grocery shopping!

xoxonikandfam

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

You just have amazing boobs hon, it would be a sin to retire the bikini.

J/K...I think the tankini route is better than a one piece. Modbe.com or something?

Andrea B said...

Maybe think about it, then rock that bikini!

HammondFam said...

LOL...you girls are funny! IT'S JUST SO HARD TO SAY GOODBYE....TO THE KINI ..YEAH...YE..AH...E..AHAHHHH!

Brook and Chad said...

You have to set the example... and I mean by inspiring the rest of us to lose weight. Wearing the two piece is inspirational to the rest of us gals. Besides, the promised land? You are in it already! Love, your favorite sister in law (well, I have self-proclaimed that for all of the other sister-in-laws reading,) Brook

Kristin said...

Coming from experience, it's better to start setting the example now. It's much harder to get them to wear a one piece when they're older. I got mine here http://www.limericki.com/. They have some pretty cute one pieces and tankinis.